Sunday, December 7, 2014

Vanilla Whipped Cream


As a kid I was a cool-whip-aholic.  In my opinion, the cool whip was usually better than any dessert it was adorning.  I would have been just as happy eating a bowl of that creamy sweet fluff.  I don't know why I was into adulthood before I realized that you can make your own whipped cream and that it is so easy!  When my husband and I were engaged, we went over to his brother's house for dinner.  I remember watching in awe as my soon to be sister in law whipped a bowl of cream in to a beautiful bowl of white creamy fluff.  It was magical, I tell you.  As heavenly as I thought the store bought stuff was, this is ten times better!  I still grab a tub of cool whip from the freezer isle every now and then but the homemade stuff is definitely where its at!

Ingredients:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract*

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Use a wire whisk or electric mixer to whip together.  Whip until it thickens and forms stiff peaks.  Use to top your favorite dessert.  Or eat by the spoonful.  No judging.

*I usually use vanilla extract but you can trade it out for a different flavor.  Try peppermint extract to make some whipped cream for a cup of hot chocolate.  Or how about lemon extract to dollop on top of a strawberry shortcake?  Get creative and enjoy some yum!

1 comment:

foreveryoung said...

I can't tell you how many times I've made this here since they don't have cool whip, but I can tell you that once you go cream you don't go back! It really is the best. I love your idea to add peppermint extract and I love how you always think outside the box! And your pictures are all so fabulous, I'm loving your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...