Monday, November 24, 2014

Buttery Sweet Cooked Carrots


My kids have never been big vegetable eaters.  Corn is usually a go but if I try getting very colorful with the veggies, they turn and run.  My sister, Jamie, gave me this recipe for cooked carrots years ago.  When I mention that I'm making Aunt Jamie's cooked carrots they all turn and run, to the table that is.  These carrots are buttery, a little sweet and topped off with a hint of lemon.  The perfect combination to put a smile on the face of any vegetable or non-vegetable eater.  And I bet they'll come back for more.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 lb bag baby carrots
2 TBS parsley
2 tsp lemon juice

Directions:
Melt butter in pan.  Stir in broth, sugar, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil, add carrots.  Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover.  Simmer until crisp and tender.  Stir in parsley and lemon juice.  Drain and serve.

*Source:  Jamie Young

1 comment:

Devilyn said...

These were delicious! I love that I've had a lot of these dishes made by you. It means we had some good quality time together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...