Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes


I'm kind of proud of these babies.  Years ago I was in a banana baking mode.  I loved making a good banana bread and decided we needed some banana pancakes in our life too.  The pre-pinterest era limited my resources.  When I came up empty handed in my banana pancake search, I decided to create my own recipe.  I made many batches of banana pancakes trying to get it just right.  I finally got the perfect combination of ingredients and have been making this recipe for years now.  They disappear pretty quickly when they're made, so I'd say they're a hit.  Connor and Cannon loved to help me make these.  Sometimes I let them use their hands to smash the bananas which they think is pretty fun.  This recipe make a lot of pancakes.  I feed our family of 8 and there are usually leftovers.  I put the leftovers in a Ziploc bag and store them in the refrigerator or freezer to warm up for a quick breakfast option on another day.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 bananas smashed
2 cups milk

Directions: 
Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Butter (so much better then a non stick cooking spray) a hot griddle and cook pancakes until golden brown.  Serve hot with syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

3 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Yes, these really are amazing! I've made them several times, thanks to you, and they're a big hit at our house too!

Devilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devilyn said...

I must try these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...