Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cheddar & Garlic Cheese Ball


I've always loved scooping into a good cheese ball.  After buying too many mediocre, over priced cheese balls, I remember being at a friends party and trying a fabulous cheese ball.  I was amazed when she said she had made it.  It had never dawned on me to make one!  I asked her for the recipe and she told me she didn't have one.  She had just mixed a little of this and that together until it tasted good  That was not the answer I was hoping for.   At that moment I was determined to do some experimenting and create my own cheese ball.  And write down the recipe.  After some trial and error, I give you my cheese ball.  Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:

2 8oz blocks cream cheese
1/2 TBS garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp season salt
1 TBS parsley
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Directions:

Place cream cheese in bowl.  Mix until smooth and creamy.  Add seasoning and mix well.  Stir in shredded cheese.  Scoop mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap.  Wrap the plastic wrap around the cream cheese and form into a ball.  Carefully unwrap then roll cheese ball in sliced almonds.  When you have an even layer of sliced almonds on the cheese ball, rewrap in a clean sheet of plastic wrap.  Chill for an hour.  Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...