There's nothing like a big warm mug of apple cider to make a long cold winter day more bearable. I've always been an apple cider fan and when I came across this recipe, I was pretty sure we were going to be best friends. The original recipe just called for a "dollop" of whipped cream. Dollop is a fun word to use but I decided that this situation called for more then a dollop. After a generous scoop of whipped cream started melting into my cup of cinnamon, apple, caramel goodness, I knew I had done the right thing. The creamy factor that it added to this cup of yum turned it into a cup of perfection. I think I may be addicted.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- about 6 ounces caramel topping
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- whipped cream
- cinnamon sticks to grate, to taste
- Put apple cider and cinnamon sticks in a crock pot on low for 4 hours
- One hour before serving, remove cinnamon sticks then add caramel and stir.
- When serving top with a generous scoop of whipped cream (this is what makes it creamy, so don't be shy). Grate some cinnamon sticks over the top, snuggle up in a warm blanket and enjoy.
*Source: Six Sisters