Thursday, January 22, 2015

{homemade} Marinara Sauce


I'm a busy mom and I won't lie, I'm not opposed to grabbing a jar of Ragu out of the pantry on spaghetti night.  But when I have a few minutes (because that's literally about all it takes) and make this homemade marinara, it takes dinner from fine to fab.  You just can't beat homemade!  You can use this sauce to top off your favorite pasta, spread on your pizza or as a dipping sauce.  This Cheesy Italian Pull Apart Bread and marinara sauce make a perfect pair!


Ingredients:
2 TBS olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 TBS milk
2 tsp basil
1 tsp rosemary
1 TBS parsley
1/2 TBS Italian seasoning

Directions:
In a saucepan, saute minced garlic in olive oil.  Blend tomatoes in blender.  Add to saucepan.  Whisk in milk and seasonings.  Simmer 3-5 minutes until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Source:  Jamie Young

4 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Looks amazing, especially with that Italian bread, can't wait to try it!!

Janessa said...

It is wonderful! Did I get this recipe from you? I have it hand written into my black binder recipe book and thought I had gotten it from you. I don't remember for sure though.

Devilyn said...

I've been looking for a good marinara recipe! This just may be it.

Janessa said...

Let me know how you like it. You can totally adapt it to make it just the taste you're looking for :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...