Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Angel Hair Caprese Salad


Even though winter is still heavy in the air, I've been in the mood for some light summery food.  I found this angel hair pasta recipe on allrecipes.com and it was very tempting.  Then, a few days later came across this recipe on Who Wants Dinner.  That was enough to push me over the edge.  I HAD to have some pasta!  I didn't have the exact ingredients for either salad, so I combined the two and came up with my own version.  We had company over for dinner that night and I'd say it was a hit.  When you see people going back for seconds and thirds, you know you have a winner.  You can serve this as a side dish or top it off with some grilled chicken and to make it heartier and serve it as a main dish.

Ingredients
2 cups cherry tomatoes
16 oz angel hair pasta
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped

Directions
Bring water for pasta to a boil.  Slice cherry tomatoes in half.  When the water reaches a full boil, put the tomato halves in.  Boil for 3-5 minutes.  Remove from water and set aside.  Add pasta and cook until al dente.  Drain, return pasta to pot.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Mix well.  Can serve hot or cold.

Source:  All Recipes and Who Wants Dinner

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

Mmmm, you've got me craving this again!

Janessa said...

Me too! Why don't you come over for lunch and I'll make us some :) If only!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...