Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Herb & Cheese Potato Fans


There are some things I cook that I spend a lot of time making and anticipate rave reviews when I serve them.  There are others that throw together, knowing they'll taste good, but don't expect that anybody will be totally wowed by them.  When I first saw these Potato Fans, I thought they looked pretty and would be a fun way to mix up our baked potato night but I didn't think anybody would really be overly impressed with them.  Boy was I wrong!  They were most definitely a big hit!  All throughout dinner I kept hearing compliments and rave reviews on this amazing new potato recipe.  It took so little effort to make but totally wowed the crowd.  Sometimes I use them in place of a "regular" potato when we do a potato bar and top them with chili, sour cream, etc.  They are flavorful enough to eat as is though for a beautiful side dish.  I also love to substitute the potato with a sweet potato.  Whatever direction you choose to go with it, I bet you'll be a fan!

Ingredients
8 medium potatoes
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 TBS olive oil
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 TBS sage
2 TBS thyme
1 green onion, sliced

Directions
Preheat oven to 425.  Wash potatoes.  Cut each potato into 1/8 inch slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom.  Fan potatoes slightly and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.  In a small bowl, mix butter, salt and pepper.  Drizzle over potatoes.  Bake 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender.  Remove from oven and brush with olive oil.  Sprinkle with cheeses and herbs.  Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Source:  Taste of Home

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I'm missing a good old Russet potato right about now! The potatoes here just don't bake up the same, can't wait to get back and try these!

Janessa said...

I know how much you love a good potato. I'm sure that's killing you! Just a few more months!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...