Saturday, February 21, 2015

PB & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites


I've seen a lot of these dough bite recipes floating around on the internet.  For some reason, I'm a lot more eager to make a recipe that I've already tasted.  A friend of mine had me over for lunch recently and made these tasty little treats.  After trying one, I knew I had to get the recipe!  I don't know if I can say that they are actually healthy, but they are much healthier snack option than some of the other things out there.  I like to add in chia seeds too to make them even healthier.  And they are most definitely kid approved.  They keep asking me to make more!  I like to make a double batch and throw them in the freezer in a ziploc bag for a quick, ready to go snack.  I asked my three year old if he likes they way they taste and he said that they are his "best snack ever"!  Then he added, "brownies are good too".  If they rank right up there with brownies on his Yum Scale and they are a million times better for him, you know we've found a winner!

Ingredients
3 cups oats
1 cup whole almonds
4 TBS butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1 TBS chia seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips

Directions
In high-speed blender or food processor, blend oats and almonds until fine flour forms.  In large bowl combine oil, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.  Beat with hand mixer until smooth. Add oat/almond flour, chia seeds, salt and chocolate chips.  Beat again until combined.  Use a tablespoon sized cookie scoop to scoop dough then hand roll into tight ball.  Place finished bites on parchment paper.  Freeze bites for 5-10 minutes, or until firm. Store bites in freezer bag for quick and easy snack.

Source:  Ashlynd Hunsaker

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I have a feeling my kids are going to love these!

Janessa said...

You'll have to let me know what they think. I hope you like them too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...