Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad



I was at my friend's house the other day and she pulled out this beautiful, delicious salad.  After one bite, I knew I had to get the recipe!  With salad season just around the corner, I'm excited to have this one in my arsenal of recipes.  It will most definitely be making a regular appearance throughout the summer.  It tastes great the next day too, so throw those leftovers in the fridge and enjoy them for lunch the next day!

Ingredients
2 cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature or chilled
1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium mango, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
4 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl.  Add mango, red pepper, green onion, black beans, and cilantro.  In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice.  Whisk until smooth and pour on top of salad.  Toss to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.  Chill for at least one hour before serving.

Source:  Candice Nielson

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

You know how much I love quinoa! And I bet the addition of mango adds such a fresh and light twist. Sounds like another winner!

Janessa said...

I was thinking you'd like this one ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...