Saturday, May 23, 2015

Asian Chicken Pasta


I was surfing around pinterest for some new dinner ideas and found a really yummy looking asian pasta dish.  I added it to our weekly menu, put all the ingredients on my shopping list and was excited to give it a try.  On the night that I was planning to make it I couldn't find the recipe anywhere!  I thought I had pinned it but apparently I didn't and when I did a search on "Asian Pasta" a million different recipes came up.  I had ingredients for this specific recipe though and was determined to find that one.  I just happened to be talking on the phone with my sister Jamie in New Zealand (a rare treat!) as I was on my recipe quest.  I was on the brink of pinterest insanity when I finally told her about my dilemma.  She said that it sounded just like a recipe she has on her blog!  I know the recipe I had found earlier was on a different blog but she was right, her recipe had exactly the same ingredients I had bought.  Dinner was saved as well as my sanity.  Jamie is my hero for so many reasons and now I have one more reason to add to the list.  This beautiful Asian Chicken Pasta was everything I hoped it would be, and more.  I'm sure it will be saving dinner for many nights to come!

1-2 chicken breasts
1 Tbs vegetable oil
9 oz thin spaghetti pasta (whole grain, whole wheat or white)
3 green onions, chopped
1 c frozen peas
¾ c shredded carrots
¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
½ cup salted peanuts
2 tsp minced fresh ginger, or 1 tsp powdered ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ c light soy sauce
¼ c rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbs fresh lime juice, or 1 Tbs lime juice from bottle
½ tsp pepper

Add pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook until al dente, then drain and set aside. Cut chicken breasts into cubes the saute with 1 Tbs vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet until cooked through. Add ginger, garlic, peas carrots and peanuts and cook for an additional 1-2 min. Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice and pepper together in a separate bowl. Pour into skillet with the chicken then add the cooked pasta, green onions and cilantro, then stir fry until heated through and mixed evenly.

Source:  Whisked Away

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

That was too funny and ironic! So glad I happened to be talking to you, and so glad your dinner was saved! This is one of my favorite quick and delicious meals, so glad you liked it too!

Janessa said...

Yes, that was awesome! Thanks again ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...