Sunday, January 24, 2016

Loaded Lasagna


Everybody's got to have a good lasagna recipe.  Years ago, when we first got married and I was trying to navigate my way around the kitchen and figure out how to cook a meal that didn't from a box, my aunt Felisha shared her lasagna recipe with me.  I was so proud of myself the first time I made it!  I think my brand new husband was grateful to eat a real meal again too.  It's been a family favorite every since and all six of our kids get excited when I tell them that we're having lasagna for dinner.  One reason this lasagna has stuck around for so many years is because it's got a lot more than your standard lasagna.  I love the creaminess of the sauce and the extra veggies are spot on.  Hope you enjoy a family favorite!

9 Lasagna Noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 small container of Ricotta Cheese
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 jar of Pasta Sauce
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 can large olives, sliced
3 cups Colby Jack Cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 375.  Boil noodles in a large pot until al dente.  Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet.  Saute onions until translucent, add garlic cloves and saute one minute longer.  Add ground beef, Italian seasoning and salt.  Cook until meat is evenly browned.  Drain grease and set aside.  In a mixing bowl, combine Ricotta Cheese and Cream of Mushroom Soup.  Add in cooked ground beef mixture and stir until well mixed.  Grease a 9X13 baking dish.  Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of the dish, line with three lasagna noodles.  Evenly spread half of the beef mixture over the noodles, then a layer of pasta sauce, half the mushrooms, tomatoes and olives and then a cup of shredded cheese.  Repeat this layer once more.  Put the last three lasagna noodles on top of the second layer of meat, veggies and cheese.  Top noodles with sauce and one more cup of cheese.  Cover lasagna with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.

Source:  Felisha Martin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...