Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie {Cupcakes}


We are a divided house when it comes to Chicken Pot Pie.  I have a recipe that I've used for years.  (I was going to post it the other day but it all got eaten before I could get a picture.  I'll have to be faster next time!)  Most of us LOVE this dish.  I'd say that Taylor is our biggest fan and has often requested it for his birthday dinner even.  My  husband, on the other hand, isn't such a big fan.  He had a bad experience with chicken pot pie several years ago and kind of shies away from it now.  We've been doing some chicken pot pie therapy and they're slowly becoming friends again.  When I found this recipe I knew it would be a hit with the kids but I wasn't so sure about the Mr.  As I expected, the kids gave it two thumbs up and requested I make it again.  I held my breath as the real test was taken.  Mr. took a bite and a smile spread across his face.  It was a go.  He said that he likes it even better than the traditional recipe.  It's very easy to make and the kiddos had fun helping me stick the biscuits in the muffin tins.  I'd call this a chicken pot pie success!

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breast, cooked and diced
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 3 cans Pillsbury jumbo biscuits
Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.
  3. Lightly grease 24 muffin tins and place the Pillsbury biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides.
  4. Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. Slide into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Check at the 12 minute mark.
  5. Let rest for about 3 minutes and dig in!
*Source: Six Sister's Stuff

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...