Saturday, April 11, 2015

Broccoli Salad with Dried Cranberries


This classic salad is definitely on my list of favorites.  The tangy dressing, crispy bacon and tart cranberries combine so perfectly.  Oh, and then there's the broccoli too.  The healthy part of this dish that makes me not feel so guilty about eating it when I'm on my third helping.  With this salad comes a hint of summer, BBQ's and the promise of warmer days to come.  I'll take another serving of that, please!

Ingredients
2 heads fresh broccoli
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 pound bacon, cooked
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup of dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar


Directions
Chop broccoli florets into bite-size pieces. Crumble bacon up.  Combine broccoli, bacon, onions, cheddar cheese and dried cranberries in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl combine vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.  Stir in sunflower seeds right before serving.  For best flavor, make salad the day before serving.

Source:  Jam Hands

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

This is fate. We must be sisters! I've been totally craving this lately, but the only one I've ever had is the pre-packaged kind from Costco. I was just thinking the other day how I need to try and find a good homemade version and viola! You read my mind! Totally going on next week's menu.

Janessa said...

Sweet, that is awesome!!! This one is a fabulous recipe to use! Glad I could help :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...