Monday, April 27, 2015

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas


I've shared some recipes on here that were a product of a Cook Off we've hosted.  Well, here's another one.  Cook Off recipes are the best because everybody brings their A game.  The theme for this Cook Off was Mexican food and I think I ate my weight in food that night.  It was heavenly.  I've had many enchiladas in my day but this one knocked my socks off.  The honey brings a hint of sweet to the dish and then the lime comes in and knocks it out of the park!  I went back for seconds and possibly thirds.

Ingredients
6 T Honey
5 T Lime Juice
1 T Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded
10-12 Flour Tortillas
3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
16 Oz Green Enchilada Sauce
1 Cup Heavy Cream
optional toppings - avocado, tomato, olives, sour cream, shredded lettuce

Directions
Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken.  Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour.  Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.  Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top.  Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade.  Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.  Serve with any optional toppings you'd like.


Source:  Candice Nielson

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

You know I love a good enchilada, can't wait to try these!!

Janessa said...

You are the enchilada queen, so I hope you like them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...