Saturday, April 25, 2015

Philly Cheesesteak Pizza


This pizza was a hit, especially among the men.  Since our 15 year old is man-sized and our 9 year old likes to think he is, I can say men to include them and my hubby.  They inhaled this one.  The pizza love wasn't restricted to the male crowd though.  Us girls did some damage too.  This pizza takes everything you love about a good Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich and brings it to your pizza party.  We will definitely repeat this one!

Ingredients
1 uncooked pizza crust*
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 pound steak, cooked and cut into thin strips
1/4 cup red onion, sliced
bell pepper, cut into strips
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Directions
I always use my favorite homemade pizza crust* but you can use a store bought crust if you want.  (These directions are for the homemade crust.  Follow the baking directions that come with your crust, if you choose to use something else.)  Preheat oven to 500.  Place pizza stone (best choice) or pan in oven to preheat with the oven.  Roll out pizza dough on parchment paper.  Spread the mayonnaise on the base of the crust. Top with steak, onion, peppers, and cheese. Carefully pull the hot stone or pan out of the oven, slide the parchment paper with the pizza onto the pan. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.  Brush crust with olive oil right after baking.

*This pizza crust recipe makes enough dough for 2 pizzas.

Source:  Chocolate with Grace

2 comments:

foreveryoung said...

I bet your family gets so excited for family pizza night! I know I get excited just to see what you come up with!

Janessa said...

It's fun. I have to admit, I get pretty excited for pizza night too ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...