Sunday, February 14, 2016

Chicken Rolls


Oh, Chicken Rolls, how we love thee!  This is one of those recipes that I know my children will all ask for when they grow up so that they can make it for their families.  Even my two picky little eaters inhale these babies.  I knew that I most definitely had to include it in my recipe book.  They are very simple and easy to make but taste amazing!  And just so you know, they have to be served with mashed potatoes so that you can accidentally cover your chicken rolls in the gravy as well.  And so to my children, friends, strangers and future generations of Chicken Roll eaters, I say, "Enjoy"!

1 block cream cheese. softened
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cans crescent roll dough
4 TBS butter, melted
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and shredded chicken.  Stir until creamy and thoroughly mixed.  Open cans of crescent roll dough.  Remove dough from can, carefully unroll and separate triangles of dough.  Place a scoop of cream cheese and chicken mixture in the middle of a triangle.  Fold the two corners over the cream cheese scoop and then pull the third corner up over it and wrap it around the outside of the roll.  Pinch the edges of the dough together to seal in the cream cheese mix.  Dip roll in melted butter then bread crumbs.  Place on greased cookie sheet.  Repeat until all rolls are filled.  Bake in oven at 375 for 15 minutes.  Best if served with gravy drizzled on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...